About the Kids Cookoff…
Are you between the ages of 6 and 18 years of age? Do you like to cook? Even if you’ve never cooked, do you want to give it a try? If so, join us for a KIDS’ ONLY barbeque cooking contest. We will provide the pit, the charcoal, the competition meat, and the ingredients for a fun afternoon!
Please have your parent complete the entry form online or download a copy of the form and return with a check or money order for $25.00 payable to:
7591 Fern Avenue, Suite 1201
Shreveport, La. 71105
The first 40 registered children will be eligible to cook. Each child must have an adult supervising them at all times. The deadline to register is April 20th. Your immediate confirmation of acceptance to compete will be sent via email or the address you provide. Rules and regulations are provided on the following page.
Schedule of Events
- Check in Time 2:00 – 2:30 PM
Cooks Meeting 2:30
Turn in time and judging 4:00 PM
Awards will be presented immediately after judging is complete.
- Grand prize winners in each age group will receive 1st place trophies.
Runner-up winners in each age group will receive 2nd place trophies.
Each contestant will take home their grill and apron.
Rules & Regulations
- An entry form and fee of $25.00 per child must be received by no later than April 20, 2019. Entry forms
and online payment are also available on our website at www.arklatexambassadors.com. The entry fee
will supply the contestant with an apron; two-pork loin chops 1” thick and your own grill to take home.
In addition, it will also cover admission for the contestant and one adult into the festival for the
competition and all activities associated with the ARK-LA-TEX-AMBASSADORS Grillin’ for Grads.
2. There will be 2 age groups: (Junior) ages 6-12 and (Senior) ages 13-18. The contest official age is
determined as of 1/1/2019.
3. Kids’ Cook Off contestants must cook in the designated area. Also, each contestant must do the
preparation, cooking and presentation. If they are unable to do all of this on their own, they are too
young to cook. Grown ups are allowed to help start the fire. A parent must be with contestants at all
times or they will be disqualified.
4. Handicapped children will be allowed to do as much as they are able with some help from the parent.
Please let us know on the entry form if a handicapped child is participating and what special
arrangements need to be made.
5. All contestants will be provided the two-pork loin chops 1” thick, a grill, charcoal and an apron the day
of the competition.
6. Each contestant will need to bring their own seasoning/sauces, cooking utensils including tongs, cutting
board etc. Garnish is allowed in the turn in box. Garnish includes, pineapple, lettuce or anything edible
that fits in the turn in box.
Deadline is April 20th!